1.5

I have had the worst experience with Remitly.I needed to send money to India before end of the Friday, Feb 24th 2017.

I checked their wesbite and made a transaction on Monday 20th Feb 2017 and on the transaction History, the money available date shows as Feb 24, 2017 12:05 AM PST(Feb 24, 2017 1:35 PM IST). However now its 15 hours past the promised time and no funds in the India account. When I contact the customer care, they say they cannot help me as Banks in US chose to take a holiday on the eve of President's day, as a result my transaction got delayed by a day at source and since weekends are not counted I will receive my money in India account only on Monday 27th Feb. The worst part being that they debited my account on Monday Feb 20th and now I don't have funds in my US account to use other services to send money to India.

And they say that cancellation and reversal of funds will take 7-10 working days. Now I am in a situation where my money in USD has been taken by Remitly a week back and I have not received anything in my Indian account. This is totally irresponsible by Remitly, if there is a holiday in US then that should be taken into account in caculating the time by when the funds are available at the destination. This has caused me a great trouble as I need funds immediately in India for emergency situation.

Now I have no option but to borrow money on my credit cards and transmit to India using XOOM or other services. Never again, would I use Remitly.

Never.I hope my experience helps other to plan better and not to trust Remitly dates and plan based on the best of their knowledge

Review about: Remitly International Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Irresponsiblity, Unable to deliver on promise, Policy on reversal, No help for emergency situations.

Had an Experience with Remitly?

Comments